On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:16:10 +1100, O Plameras uttered
> No one can load kernel codes other than loadable kernel modules(LKM)
> that are
> 'enabled'.  If you try to load an LKM that is not configured the Kernel
> will not
> allow it. And because only a dozen or so LKMs are enabled instead of,
> perhaps,
> hundreds LKMs, it is easy to manage these.

That isn't the point at all. A kernel module can still be loaded if it
isn't shipped with the kernel, and indeed, the kind of module that
allows people to break machines would be anyway.

Cheers,
--
                                        Steve
English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow