On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 10:41:39AM +1100, Oliver Greiter wrote:
I've been tasked with developing some configuration standards for SuSe
Enterprise Server 9 and I've been looking for some literature for
hardening SuSe Enterprise Server 9 specifically but I haven't had too
much luck.
If anyone could point me in the direction of any specific literature,
it would be a great help.

Matthew Palmer replied:
I'd imagine that there isn't much specific literature because just about
everything isn't SuSE specific -- there isn't much in SuSE that isn't also
in most other Linux distributions.

Debian has harden-doc package. Much of that in there is applicable to any distro. Have a look at it here.
http://www.linuxsecurity.com/docs/harden-doc/html/securing-debian-howto/
Also search for "harden doc" in google as there are similar docs for Ubunto and RedHat. Just work though it changing it a bit for SUSE.

Mike
--
Michael Lake
Chemistry, Materials & Forensic Science, UTS

--
UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If