On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 04:01:49PM +1100, Rod Butcher wrote:
> What I'm getting at is, it's what it means to the user that matters, not
> what's going on behind the scenes. MS grasped this brilliantly.

You're not listening to what the people are telling you.  There *is* magic
in the relevant GUI applications to do what you want to do -- get a list of
tracks on a CD as "wav files".  This is precisely what Windows gives you, as
well.

You appear to be annoyed because people are telling you that your suggested
method isn't optimal.  Yet you're saying "it's [...] not what's going on
behind the scenes" that matters.

And as far as not being able to "ls /cdrom" and get a list of tracks, I'd
suggest you try "dir d:" sometime and see how far you get.

- Matt

--
New Yankee Workshop isn't a "how to" for home hobbyists, it's "Baywatch" for
powertool fetishists.