More external usb adventures.

As was noted yesterday there was the possability of a kernel problem with the usb.

So upgrading to hoary failed.

Blow away old install, fresh hoary install.

Then:

Tail /var/log/messages:
Mar 22 10:25:06 solo usb.agent[28305]:      usb-storage: loaded successfully
Mar 22 10:35:42 solo -- MARK --

dmesg | grep usb
usbcore: registered new driver usbfs
usbcore: registered new driver hub
usb 1-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
usbcore: registered new driver usb-storage
usb-storage: device found at 2
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
usb 1-2: reset full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
usb 1-2: scsi_eh_0 timed out on ep0in
usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -110
usb 1-2: scsi_eh_0 timed out on ep0in
usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -110
usb 1-2: reset full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -19
usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -19
usb 1-2: USB disconnect, address 2
usb-storage: device scan complete

dmesg | grep scsi
usb 1-2: scsi_eh_0 timed out on ep0in
usb 1-2: scsi_eh_0 timed out on ep0in
scsi: Device offlined - not ready after error recovery: host 0 channel 0 id 0
lun 0

So 2.6.10 is closer. But looking at the above I suggest I'm looking for a hardware work around if possible.

I'm going to do some more googling.

Suggestions greatfully appreciated.?

Regards,

Ashley