Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:42:16 +1000 (EST)
From: Ray McFadyen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: slug@slug.org.au
Subject: [SLUG] Caldera

Is there a Linux forum in Australia?
Purchased a copy of Caldera 2.2 with a manual as it is small and will
run on an old computer with 32MB. Some of the instructions in the
manual were not correct but can now access all the files and the disks.
Can anyone help with some information about Caldera 2.2? The company no
longer exists and the basic program looks good but it must be possible
to upgrade it. It will not install an internal modem and an attempt to
install an external one did not work either. Have not tried for a
printer but doubt it will be OK. It assumes win9x is installed with all
the hardware.
Can a later kernel be installed and then other programs? Is there an
online Linux manual?
Regards and thanks
Ray

Caldera is fairly old. The company changed their name to Sco.
I used to use it and had both an external modem and a printer running on
it. As I only use Linux, I'm not sure about the windows comment.
Without knowing your hardware configuration, I could not recommend a replacement
distro other than to say that Debian with the Ice window manager is pretty
light weight.

Stay well and happy
Heracles

Stay well & happy Ashley