On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:05:47 +1000, Simon Males <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Practically, I am thinking more along the lines of taking my Linux
> laptop to any windows machine, plugging it in and being recognised as a
> simply flash/external hard drive type device.

Is that even possible.

This sounds like how Apple do Target Disk Mode (boot an apple machine
using apple + t key I think from memory) then firewire plug that
machine into another and bang the machine in target disk mode acts as
firewire drive to the other machine its hooked upto. Very neat trick I
think.