On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 16:31 +1000, Terry Collins wrote:
> Jan Schmidt wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 16:01 +1000, Rowling, Jill wrote:
> > > Some information on Annodex which we saw recently; this is a CSIRO
> > > blurb:
> > > http://www.ict.csiro.au/topic/Apr05.htm#video
> > >

> > Annodex is awesome technology -
>
> Maybe!
>
> The fine print is
> 1) for 512Mb ADSL lines,
> 2) It is alpha code,
> 3) requires glibc 2.3

Sounds like you're confusing Annodex the media indexing, annotating and
accessing technology with the Annodex firefox plugin.

The latter one _is_ alpha code and requires a recent glibc - whether you
need ADSL depends on what media you access with it (for audio streams a
dialup line will do, for video you almost always need bandwidth, Annodex
or not).

J.