On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 03:57:46PM +1000, Julio Cesar Ody wrote:
> I tried to run a few GUI (X11) applications to run through my
> webserver, but no success so far. They simply don't run, and no error
> appear in any of my logs. Does anybody know how to do it?

X11 apps need a DISPLAY variable set in the environment and it has
to be a valid X11 display and the program (running as apache) needs
suitable permissions. You can probably get something working by getting
the web server to build a DISPLAY environment variable from the client
IP address and then using the "xhost" at the other end to open up
permissions. The result would be kind of ugly, well very ugly
actually, but it could work.

        - Tel  ( http://bespoke.homelinux.net/ )