This one time, at band camp, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Correct... and that's what makes HTML successful. The whole "world wide web"
> thing simply would not have happened if we started out with something as
> strict and breakable as XML.

Actually, if the initial spec had said "all HTML pages MUST be valid XML
or the browser MUST give an error and make no attempt at rendering it"
and this had been honoured by NCSA and Nutscrape, the web would be in a
much better state.  Of course, that's cloud cuckoo land.  XML didn't
exist, and Nutscrape would have "extended" the spec.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer