Hi

Either you DO drive a credit card or
          you have never purchased anything on the internet.

I will avoid purchase from such a site if at all possible, because of the
hastle of payment!
EVERY internet bank can do bpay, you need extras (and payment) to do transfers
EG ANZ
    apply in writing for the facility
    specify your daily limit
    pay-to-use

So yes I think this is a very important detail

>   On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 12:12:02PM +1000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > My wife has asked me set up an online shop for her small craft supplies
> > store.
>
> I'm a bit confused about why people are so hung up on internet payment
> options. We already have a vast number of payment options which are
> well understood and fully functional. Every shop must already be able
> to process a reasonable number of these in order for the shop to work
> at all so why should the internet be considered magical?
>

>  * Write a cheque (either post or over the counter)
    expensive (I don't know anybody who still drives a cheque-book in Oz)

>  * Postal money order
    costs $2.50

>  * Come into the shop and pay cash
>  * Come into the shop and pay by credit card
    if you are going to the shop you don't need or want E commerce

>  * Give credit card details over the phone
    you choose to have one

>  * Direct bank deposit at any branch of your bank
    $10 ANZ

>  * Direct bank transfer (at branch / phone bank / internet bank)
    hastle to go to their bank with munnie, cause you still can't pay the
    bank!

>  * Run an account with the shop and make monthly payments as per above
    Do business's still do that ?
    Any every month, then how do you pay? And most craft customers will start
   (at least) as casual customers.

James