I've worked a lot with NetApp filers (mostly clusters) and they are
really reliable, nice to administer and have a lot of features, like the
mentioned snapshots, syncronisation, mirrors, double parity... they a
not the cheapest ones, but they are worth it... if you know how many TB
you need be sure the NetApp guy assures you that this amount will be
available to use ;-))... they don't use the whole disk and there will be
a reserve for the snapshot as well, which is configurable...

check out their website... of course they support NFS and CIFS... if you
license it...

Juergen