Michael Fox wrote:

On 8/29/05, Sridhar Dhanapalan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This way, you are splitting up the tasks amongst the devices. The modem can
use PPPoA (which in many cases is better than PPPoE) but it doesn't hinder
firewalling/forwarding.

Yes, PPPoA in my opinion appears to be alot more robust then PPPoE, but YMMV.

You most likely find that because oE adds another layer of complexity. PPPoE is actually PPPoAoE.

Most DSLAMs actually support PPPoA, but you most likely won't be able to get support from your provider if connection level stuff goes awry. PPPoA is usually marginally (and I mean /marginally/) faster.

Cheers!
Lindsay