* David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spake thus:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 11:29:29AM +1000, Bruce Badger wrote:
> > On 9/28/05, David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > If they are doing low volumes, I can't imagine a punter using mutt. It's
> > > really hard to convince someone raised on gui that consoles are actually
> > > easier.
> >
> > Perhaps we could have a SLUG talk on mutt?
> >
> > I've heard so many good things about mutt, so I'l like to give it a
> > try, but feel that I don't have the time to learn how to get going
> > with it.
>  <snip>
> >  just *why* mutt is more efficient that a GUI mail tool
> > ... and all the things that makes mutt cool! :-)
>
> One word: speed

I'd agree, but I'd add configurability. Though I'm sure there are GUI
mail clients out there that can be as highly configured as mutt - I
haven't found one (don't get me started on evolution). :P ;)

I also like it because I'm a vim person...
I also read my email through ssh...

I think there's a lot of horses for courses involved too, but it's the
best I've come across and the most highly adaptable to my changing
needs.

> I'd  love a talk on mutt.. i know that I'm only using a fraction of it's
> tools.

I'd agree there!

Cheers,
Taryn