On 9/28/05, Mike MacCana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 11:17 +1000, David wrote:
>
> > mutt for speed
> > squirrelmail for pictures, html, pdf, other gui crap, etc.
>
> You might be interested in roundcube. OSS webmail like Squirrelmail,
> except it doesn't look like arse.
>
> http://www.roundcube.net/
>
> Mike

I use Mutt and squirrelmail too; strangely, aesthetical considerations
are low on my list of priorities. Given that David uses mutt, I
suspect they're similarly low on his list of priorities.. so looking
"like arse" doesn't give a damn as long as it's stable and does what
is needed.

Roundcube does look kinda purty.. but it's in alpha, and it uses
everyone's favorite toy database for some inexplicable reason. Why
does a webmail client need to use a database? If it really must, why
doesn't it use a real database?

Might suit your needs/wants... I'll stick with Squirrelmail for now
--
There is nothing more worthy of contempt than a man who quotes himself
- Zhasper, 2005