Angus Lees wrote:

 Oscar, I
suggest you actually use a high level language for a while and then
try going back to C.  Doing anything in C (or even java for that
matter) is just so much tedious typing.

I don't program anymore as a way of living. It's just one of the many in my arsenals.

I know high level programming too. I wrote an entire Financial Systems for a foreign government in High Level language in Unix whilst working for a very refutable and
large International Company. This was from 1985 to 1988.

I work for a number of very refutable International Companies and have programmed
off and on using high-level languages.

I can program in perl if required but I don't consider my expertise in that field competitive. It also depends as to what you consider high-level programming.
If Fortran, Cobol, PHP, etc you consider high-level my skills in these areas
are still competitive.

It's just that C-language is a convenient language I used to query and to illustrate
many things in computers. For modelling mainly.

And as well 99 percent of softwares I download from the Internet are mainly in C.
I suspect most people do too.

C-language is an excellent language to leverage for my kind of interest.

Oh, I started by career as Assembler Programmer on IBM S/360.

--
O Plameras
http://www.acay.com.au/~oscarp/tutor