Hello

I am having a problem with the Yoga AD-100 (Virtual 5.1 Channel USB Adaptor) sold by Jaycar. When I plug it directly into a motherboard usb port I get good clean analog stereo audio. However when I plug it into a USB 2.0 powered Hub or USB 2.0 repeater which is turn plugged into one of the motherboard usb ports I get the audio overlaid with a very annoying random continuous "tac-tac-tac" sound whose amplitude is not affected by the player audio volume control. In other words the "noise" is still there when the audio is off.

When I repeated this experiment with another brand of usb audio adaptor this did not occur.

Linux: 2.6.10-5-686   ubuntu 5.04
xmms 1.2.10 using alsa

I gather the AD-100 uses a common usb DAC which leads me to suspect that I have missed setting some parameter.

Henry

Interested in the applications of technology - past present and future - especially unusual.