On 11/2/05, Peter Chubb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,
        Bigpond are currently phoning Optusnet customers in my area,
offering `the same deal as OPTUS but 20% cheaper' (according to the
phone guy).   Has anyone else taken this up?  Is it true?

The standard deal with Bigpond is worse than Telstra:  their
`unlimited' amount is 10G not 12, and there's no 24G bonus on off-peak
time.  I've heard that they even charge for upstream traffic, unlike
Optus.

So what's the story?  I'm very tempted if it's true.

If I got a $1 everytime someone came around to try and sell me Optus, Telstra or Foxtel then I would be rich. Each time I tell them I am not interested, especially those Optus and Telstra folks who wish to do better ADSL then what I get already (supposely).

So many better plans available from other ISP's, Telstra and Optus dont even come close to them.

So why on earth would you consider either providers? Loyality?