its a mailing list... its only slightly better than a web forum.

the main improvement is that no one has anime-p0rn avatars.

Dean

Benno wrote:
On Wed Dec 21, 2005 at 16:47:26 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:

<quote who="O Plameras">

#define spin_lock_init(lock)    do { (void)(lock); } while(0)
#define _raw_spin_lock(lock)    do { (void)(lock); } while(0)

I am reading this cited macros. This is very very clear.

*Completely* out of context and without any research or understanding of the
kernel internals, I can see why you might think that.

Of course the whole quote started with a "#ifndef SMP" and a comment
explaining exactly what it was doing.