Yup !

    I've got the system up and running again by means of multiple 'make
menuconfigs' with the
occasional help of  System Rescue/Gentoo liveCD's and a number of
massive 'dist-upgrades .. and #slug ...
except for sound and dependency problems with Gnucash which should
resolve themselves
as it moves to gtk2/gnome2.

    I know I've compiled the correct driver for my Creative SoundBlaster
audio card into kernel (snd_ens1371),
have selected all ALSA options and deselected OSS ones .. but there is
something I have missed ...

    Any ideas ?

Adam.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

P.S. Thunderbird 1.5 with the BlackJapan theme is impressive ...