<quote who="tuxta2">

> Basically I am trying to justify the money, what do you guys think?
> Do you think a Linux user (and only Linux! I learnt on Linux, Windows is
> foreign to me) who does not work in the industry would get enough out of
> the expo to warrant the money??

Are you involved in the Gold Coast LUG (http://www.goldcoastlinux.com)?

I think Linuxworld will be very interesting, and you'll meet some cool
people, especially if you could possible stay till friday as SLUG is on that
friday. But seriously, you may as well save up your brownie points and come
to linux.conf.au in Sydney in January, as it'll be much closer to the crowd
you want to meet. Linuxworld is more a business and Government do than a
geek gig. Perhaps try to send your boss down so they understand the business
value of Linux :)

Cheers,
Pia

--