James Purser wrote:
RTFM means "READ THE FUJITSU MANUAL" if you don't know..

It is also a great indicator of the ability of the posters ability to deal
with people who a) Might not have the same level of experience, b) may
have a different opinion or c) may not be able to communicate as clearly.
The sooner RTFM is trotted out the lower on a ranking of between 1 and 100
the users interpersonal skills can be rated.

For instance, if the phrase is used say in the first reply to a post, then
the poster doing the replying can be seen to be having a rating of 2
(about the same level as say a monkey with a good aim). On the other if
the reply is the result of a looong thread where the other person just
refuses to understand the ideas being put forward by the poster and up
until that time the poster has been patient and polite then the rating
will be higher.

Of course there are modifiers for the posters emotional state of mind,
history with the parent poster and so on, more research needs to be
conducted.

And in conclusion I would like to quote from a renowned poet:

"Have a flame-fest on the SLUG list,
See whose patience is the longest."

In the context as to WHOM I was replying, it is my good assumption the person
is matured and understand my language.

Besides, what is this noise about RTFM. It is an acceptable language in USENET and lists groups since
I can remember.

O Plameras