On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 02:42:06PM +1100, O Plameras wrote:

> >>Was patched in openssl-0.9.7h.
> >
> >And was then backported to 0.9.7f-7.10 in FC4.
>
> Sorry, I don't get this backported version in FC4 or FC3. My auto-update
> using
> yum does not pick this up. I still have openssl-0.9.7f in all  my FC3
> and FC4.
>
> I'll check my repos why this is the case.

It means that the patch fixing the issue was taken out of the latest
version and applied to the version available in FC4 so as to keep it as
stable as possible.

You may wish to RTFM for more info:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2005-October/msg00043.html

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:M-u2kkoUFiUJ:www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2005-October/msg00043.html

;)

--
    "To the extent that we overreact, we proffer the terrorists the
    greatest tribute."