On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 12:03:31 +1100
Peter Hardy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 11:56 +1100, Alan L Tyree wrote:
> > I'm in much the same position - I only need windows to run a single
> > application (Folio Views for use with some reseach CDs). I have
> > found qemu to be just fine for this limited use.
>
> Oh, you're using qemu without the accelerator?
> ( http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/qemu-accel.html btw, and hat tip
> to Jan for pointing it out) No problems with the performance? Could I
> ask how much CPU and RAM you're running it on?

CPU = 2.4
RAM = 52

It takes up to about 20% of CPU when I am actively using folio views.
About 150Mb of RAM.

I like the way that you can copy the CD to the hard disk and then
instruct qemu to use the image instead of the CD. Runs quite quick
enough for what I need it for. I recommend it, but as I said, it is for
a very limited purpose on my machine.

> >  (Windows 98, which is the
> > only one that I have a licence for - and the main reason that I
> > switched to Linux!).
>
> :-)
>
> --
> Pete
>
> --

Tel: +61 2 4782 2670            Mobile: +61 428 148 071
Fax: +61 2 4782 7092            FWD: 615662