This one time, at band camp, David Ward wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>   I hope to get to a SLUG meeting sometime soon.
>
>I am looking for a new mp3/ogg player and was wondering what everyone is
>using.
>
>My 2 key points are:
>
>  1.     Ogg playback without too much messing around, that is, no need
>     to re-sample to 44100hz or change to a specific bit-rate just to
>     get the track to play on the device.
>  2. Plug and play in Linux.  Thus needs to comply to the USB mass
>     storage standard.
>

>Battery life is important 2, but meeting the first 2 points are my main
>concern.
>
>Looking for around the 512mb+ mark.

Anything by Cowon or iRiver will just work.

I've got a Cowon iAudio m3: 40GB disk, plays Ogg Vorbis, AAC, FLAC, MP3.
USB 2.0 as a usb mass storage guy.  There's a few ugly features about it but
it's pretty robust and plays music :)

My boss had an iRiver H340, again a 40GB disk, does all the above and also
acts as a USB 2.0 host so you could plug in other devices and copy data to
it (i.e. photos)