On Monday 17 April 2006 14:42, Jonathan Wheelhouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Adam Bogacki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > I've had some trouble with the latest dist-upgrade.
> >
> > My Xserver went but creating the symlink
>
> This is a common problem over the last couple of days; see
> debian-user.  People have fixed it different ways.
>
> It's caused by the font and module path (amongst other things) moving
> to different directories.  You probably(?) also have a customised
> xorg.conf.
>
> Probably the easiest way to fix (and what worked for me) is to move
> your /etc/X11/xorg.conf out of the way (eg $ mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf.mine) and run dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg.  This
> will write a new xorg.conf with the correct paths; you can customise
> it later with changes from your own xorg.conf later (once you've
> ascertained that x window now works).
>
> One other thing; I don't know where that v41 module lives (tried to
> find it using aptitude) but commenting it out didn't seem to hurt.

Try this:

http://wiki.x.org/wiki/FAQErrorMessages#head-a570197d15005a2c71cbb5e565114e2c04a573a3

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan  [Yama | http://www.pclinuxonline.com/]
  {GnuPG/OpenPGP: http://dhanapalan.webhop.net/yama.asc

"The team was unable to reduce the size of the [Windows] image below 900MB...
By comparison, the equivalent FreeBSD image size is a few tens of MB."
        - Microsoft, 'Converting a UNIX .COM Site to Windows', 2000-22-08