Hi again,

Re nVidia's Twinview vs Xinerama - it's my understanding that they attempt to implement the same functionality, and shouldn't be used together. My decision-making was based on the simplistic statement that Twinview is nVidia specific and possibly faster, whereas Xinerama does cooler things but might be somewhat slower. If this is true, for basic cloning with an nVidia card, Twinview is the better way to go.

Anyone else have this idea?

FYI, though you might have seen this forum already:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14

cheers,
Mary Cudmore.

Phill O'Flynn wrote:
Michael

I have done a fair bit of mucking around with this sort of thing. I spent weeks getting three monitors to work so I know how VERY frustring it is. It was a few years ago when mandrake was popular. I found of all the distros it came the closest to setting this up... though it needed tweaking

Perhaps you have already done this but i found that the monitors had to be configured to generic types not plug'n'play in the config file (in the monitor section) . The graphics cards should be ok. Also be careful about what else you have setup. for example I'm told xrandr and the Nvidia twinview are incompatible and do not work together. Also just make sure that if xinerama is enabled that it doesn't conflict with twin view

HTH

Regards
Phill O'Flynn