Dean Hamstead wrote:
'expect' might help you script it

if you cant get at source and need to bolt some cgi ontop of the curses

Actually it looks like a curses app but it's actually a "Transportable Applications Environment" app which is a thing developed by NASA in the 1980's. But it looks the same on screen and behaves the same. Yes expect would interact with it.
Either way as soon as users see it they think "It's DOS" and run.