<quote who="Erik de Castro Lopo">

> One aspect where Debian has a definite advantage is the reportbug utility
> and why that tool feels straight into the Debian bug tracking tool. The
> reportbug utility is simply a mile ahead of any web based bug entry tool.
> On ubuntu I *really* miss this. In fact, when I find bugs in Ubuntu, I
> have twice verified that the bug exists on Debian and then report the bug
> there instead.
>
> Jeff, are you listening? I know we've spoken about this before. And if
> this has been fixed in Dapper please slap me with a box of Dapper disks
> :-).

I (and half the distro team) have been pursuing this with gusto - it will be
fixed in an update package. Yay! :-)

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2006: Vilanova i la GeltrĂș, Spain            http://2006.guadec.org/

       "That whole 'you complete me' thing is just tragic and totally
                 unrealistic. Go complete yourself." - Anon