G'day all,
After months of planning, hacking and setbacks, we've just made the
shift over to the new Drupal-based SLUG website.

The biggest improvements are event management, working iCal/RSS feeds,
and a working user privilege system.

However, the new site is in need of some love with URLs, content, and theming.

The old site has been moved to beta.slug.org.au, and will require some
of the static content to be moved over. We want to preserve our urls
to keep our Google juice, so it'll require a bit of mod_rewrite work.

We also need a new website theme. We're using the phptemplate theming
engine, so if you've got some mad theming skills we'd love  to see
what you can come up with. More information on this will be posted in
the next day.

If you are an organiser of events and such, you'll be able add your
events to the website yourself. Taking the committee out of the
announcement loop will help get your event advertised sooner!

The iCal feed for events can be found at http://slug.org.au/event/ical.

If you want to help out with any of the things above, or start posting
your own SLUG-related events, you can give the committee a buzz at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cheers,
Lindsay

--