On Thursday 06 July 2006 15:41, John Gibbons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I suggest you go back to the earlier version of Ubuntu where it all
> works like a charm. It works with the previous Kubuntu as well. I am
> only a desktop user and definitely not technically sophisticated. But I
> have been installing the regular upgrades of most of the popular distros
> and have come to the conclusion it is a waste of time chasing them and
> the associated headaches of getting them do what you want.. So now I
> have settled for being a version behind but running all the stuff I like
> including the libdvdcss dependent. If there is a sudden leap forward by
> a distro that I feel I can't live without I may again be sucked into the
> continuing upgrade game. But, in the meantime everything works nicely.

It works very well with Dapper for me. Considering the extra effort that has
gone into Dapper when compared to Breezy (the previous version), it's
generally safe to say that you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you don't
use Dapper. That applies to both quality assurance and functionality.

EasyUbuntu allows you to quickly and easily install so-called 'restricted'
packages just by ticking a few boxes. There's no need for fancy commands or
searching through thousands of packages in Synaptic/Adept.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan  [Yama | http://www.pclinuxonline.com/]
  {GnuPG/OpenPGP: http://dhanapalan.webhop.net/yama.asc

"It is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of computers by the
sense of accomplishment you get from getting them to work at all."
 - Douglas Adams