* On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 10:14:15AM +1000, Ben Alex wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> Does anyone know of a wireless (preferably 3G) Internet service which is
> compatible with Linux-based notebooks (Ubuntu)? Most of the service
> providers like iBurst etc seem to specify the use of Windows.

I use a Telstra Minimax - decidely not 3G - it's CDMA, and also not
exactly cheap for the bandwidth. But it has the advantage of working in
country areas and Perth, which I travel to for work occasionally.

I wrote up my experiences here http://www.snowfrog.net/?q=node/322;
Quozl in NT/WA also has it: http://quozl.linux.org.au/mm-5100/

I think you'll find some of the providers specify Windows, even though
basically all you need is a DHCP client...

--
Sonia Hamilton. GPG key A8B77238.
.