On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 08:51:16 +1000, Martin Pool wrote:

> > I'd recommend filing a bug with as much information you can glean about the
> > PCMCIA/CF adaper as possible.
>
> What Jeff says is the right thing to do.

Thanks, I will, when I'm sure it is a bug.

> I bought a Belkin USB 2.0 reader for about $30 and it's *much* faster

I have a USB 2.0 reader too, so if I can't get the PCMCIA adapter to
work it doesn't matter.

> desktops if need be.  Money well spent in my case.  Maybe John's is
> better.

It's as slow as a wet week, but it doesn't make the machine crash, so
it's slightly better than yours :-)

Cheers,

John
--
Reality is weird. I'm happy that my brain gives me such a simple view of it :-)
            -- Tony Barry