$quoted_author = "david" ;

> Do the packages in /var/cache/apt/archives represent all the installed
> packages on a standard Ubuntu system?
>
> Can I use this as input to apt-cacher for the purposes of subsequently
> updating another box? Eg, breezy to dapper.

try `aptitude autoclean` or `apt-get autoclean`

if you don't have any network level apt caching then i would rsync
/var/cache/apt/archives from the upgraded box to the to-be-upgraded box

if you are trying to sync installed packages, use `dpkg --get-selections` on
both and diff them.

cheers
marty

--
<xterm> The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a
        capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety

http://www.bash.org/?4753