Thanks for the info!

I put in a more recent card than the Radeon 7000, so I would suggest there
is a feature required that the 7000 doesn't have, or something similar, but
I will try the update trick and see what happens.

How could I forget that?!? Damn, I suck.

> > It's a dual Xeon 2.2 GHz with 768MB RDRAM and a 20 GB hard disk for
> > experimenting with. It's running an older model ATI card, of around the
> 7000
> > vintage (it there a way I can find out without getting it out of the
> box?
> > It's such a pain to get it out).
>
> lspci should give you a pretty good idea.
>
> > And the worse part of it all is re-installing. I have to boot off a
> FreeBSD
> > and wipe the disk before I can get it to boot the Fedora DVD again no
> matter
> > what I tell the BIOS about boot order.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> I'd perhaps try dropping to the text console and running a yum update as
> root. There might be an update to the X packages that wasn't in the
> fedora DVD.

Will do. Again, thanks for the help!

BTW, I thought that lspci wasn't present or something for a while, but then
I remembered to "su -"...