Hi Lyle,
We don't use Fedora in general (prefer Ubuntu/Debian) but we have very successfully deployed a number of postfix/amavis/postgrey and Maia Mailguard setups to clients. Stands up very well compared to commercial solutions and gives you all the spam/av you could ever want. Maia is a beast to setup, we have packages for Ubuntu which make it much easier. A decent setup with postfix/amavis/postgrey gets most people most of the way with filtering. Maia is strictly for the hardcore :)

let me know if you need more help with the actual setup.

thanks

dave

Lyle Chapman wrote:
Could someone offers some advice, we already have an email server up and running communigate on an apple xserve. My manager has asked me if there are any anti-spam/anti-virus solutions that we can use as a pass-thru solution on a separate box. ie:

router

anti-spam/virus solution

email server

desktop clients

I have looked at clarkconnect, e-smith, astaro etc. Is there anything that would say run on Fedora (as a bunch of daemons/services). Obviously with other distros have an email server built-in which we do not need.

Any help is always appreciated.

Lyle Chapman

Prepress Supervisor

Torch Publishing Company Pty Ltd

47 Allingham Street, Condell Park, NSW, 2200

Ph: 612 9795 0000

Fax: 612 9795 0096