Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 23:46:43 +1100 (EST)
Subject: Re: [SLUG] IPV6
From: "Dean Hamstead" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Ashley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: slug@slug.org.au

local dns problems will manifest themselves as failed look ups, long look
up times then normal transfer rates.

if domain names are resolving properly they will be resolving to ipv4
addresses and the stack will use the right protocol.

check your network cable, switch/hub port and look at /var/log/messages
for error messages - it could also be your network card.

Dean