On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 12:00:37AM +1100, elliott-brennan wrote:
> So, I'm interested as to whether there are sites
> that legitimately allow me to pay for and download
> contemporary music that I can just burn and play?

I like:

  http://www.mp3tunes.com/
  http://www.magnatune.com/

Magnatune have less mainstream stuff, but I like their values a lot:
http://www.magnatune.com/info/whynotevil. For instance, they give 50%
of all proceeds to the artist (compare that with your traditional
record label!). And you can listen to any and all of their music in
entirety before you buy.

Cheers,
Gavin

--
Gavin Carr
Open Fusion - Open Source Business Solutions [ Linux - Perl - Apache ]