On 02/01/07, elliott-brennan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Alex,

I use a Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 (thanks to a
swap with Lindsay, our esteemed leader :))

I have exactly the same camera (after getting high recommendations for it)
and it connects perfectly to my Debian (Sarge and now Etch).

But my home desktop is behind a NAT gateway (a D-Link 504G) and I couldn't
make any program on Linux that uses webcam to connect to the outside world
using the camera. I need it to talk to Windows on the other side.

Is your desktop behind NAT? How did you get it to work and with what client
on the other side?

Right now my current plan is to try to install Windows under VMware then use
Skype 2.

Cheers,

--P