Is the heat sink properly seated on the processor?
I removed a heatsink to clean the blanket of fluff the fan had forced in, then replaced it but had not locked down all the catches properly. It ran for a while then just shut down like the plug was pulled. Restart immediately and it would shut down immediately, restart next day and it would run for 40minutes the first time, the 2 minutes after an immediate restart. Once I had the catches all secured properly it worked again.
Ken

Adelle Hartley wrote:
Carlo Sogono wrote:
My first question would be: Does it just switch off or do you see some sort of shutdown sequence?

My money's on cooling if it just switches off.

That seems to be the widespread consensus, and it does "just switch off".

The amount of time between being switched on and switching itself off ranges
from minutes to hours.

It's a P3, and isn't supposed to need a fan.  The main fan is working
though.

Adelle.