Having just sat lpi 101 and 102 exams and passed both after doing Geoffrey Robinsons lpi 101 course at Granville TAFE, reading 4 books and doing a whole pile of exam questions in those books and online and some of the exercises in the books, I dont feel like I know much at all.

Most SLUG questions and presentations are above my head. I felt like I had a no better than 20% chance of passing both exams beforehand, and after the exam I did not feel that I had been lucky with just the right questions coming out of the pool that I could answer. I passed with a comfortable margin. Medical multiple guess exams are way more difficult than LPI multiple guess questions.
Am I just good at exam technique, or would I be a useful employee?

Theoretical question as I have other work, I have 24 years broadbased experience in medicine, and it is unlikely for the public health system to run out of need for experienced people in Sydney let alone the bush, in my working lifetime. That experience gets me a higher salary, so moving to IT would take me back to new grad level. My experience with helping Lisa as a Linux novice who is a non technical artist who does not read book manuals let alone man pages but has some high level graphical manipulation, sound , picture and movie requirements in addition to text, email, browsing and website requirements, and only finding answers that she can use some of the time. This is usually a long slow process, certainly not at commercial pace. Maybe I am forgetting what I was like as an intern, but I have contact with interns on most days at work so unlikely. As the junior in an IT dept I would probably be just implementing others policy in a more repetitive and therefore efficient way, so would not receive, or would hand up more difficult questions.

Most programming seems to be operating at a very inspired level, that I can barely even comprehend, despite being a very mathematical person at HSC level, but not taking it further.
Have I just been cocooned in a high achieving workspace?

Are the LPI 101 and 102 exams and LPIC-1 set lower than the stated position of entry level Linux administration skills and to extend themselves beyond being a user or help desk operator?

Ken