On 21 Jan, To: Sydney Linux Users Group wrote:
>  Any advice would be most welcome.

What I've done is copied the / filesystem onto a directory under my home
directory, and then I'll re-install from CD.  At least that way I can
compare configuration files that I've done against the default ones.

I'm currently tossing up though installing a different distro after this
disastrous experience with Debian/Ubuntu's upgrade system.  The whole
reason for trying it was the idea that it's upgrade system was good.

apt on FC5 or SuSE 10 might be a better choice, I'm thinking.

luke