Hi all

I have a virtual server under my control which runs a perl web
application and now a Java Tomcat app which uses mail a fair bit. I'm loking
for something which will tell me how much memory the perl app is taking
versus the Tomcat app over a period of say 1 hour or so.

Googling for 'memory profiler web applications' and things brings up
things that you use to find memory leaks in apps which I dont want.
Naturally top just gives me instantaneous values which don't mean much
when a web app is only getting a few hits a minute or even less.
Thats why I want to get an average over a few hours or so.

Also I don't have Gnome or any gui thing on this server so it has to be
command line or a perl or bash or other program that can be run from
command line. Output to file would be perfect.

Does anyone have suggestions? What do people here use for getting stats
on programs like this?

Mike

--
Mike Lake
Caver, Linux enthusiast and interested in anything technical.