Hi all,

This is my first post on this list so a bit of information

I am brand new to Linux and have recently installed Ubuntu 6.06

I have had a lot of help from another Ubuntu user but I have a problem that has
him (and me) baffled.

Firefox is installed on my PC but when I click the icon to open it the cycling
circular cursor shows up for about 10 - 15 seconds and then goes away with
nothing happening.

If I double-click and html file the same thing.

I tried issuing the command     firefox   from terminal but nothing happened.

A look in     /var/log/messages       shows no messages about firefox

I removed Firefox and re-installed it from the web and it installed fine and
shows an icon in the top panel but still i get the same problem.

Can anyone assist please?

Words of one syllable or less would be appreciated wit every step defined as I
have no prrevious Linux experience.

Cheers

Stewart MacPherson
( using my wife's email account - hence the Rosemary)

Mac from the Mountains