Hello,

Does anyone have recommendations on which SATA RAID PCI controller cards
should I look for a 4-disk mirror array?

I got a recommendation for LSI Logic MegaRAID SATA 150-4 64-bit PCI (
http://tinyurl.com/2zkljw) but need to find an explanation why that
controller and not something other (cheaper? better?).

I remember one of the (PostgresQL?) people at LCA-2007 mentioned a good RAID
controller but can't remember which (some Diamond card?) and how it stacks
up against the LSI above.

The intended use right now is for some file-archive server with important
files on it (hence the redundancy requirement). I was thinking of using
Linux software RAID (Debian Etch) but was very sternly warned not to do that
on a production system.

Thanks,

--Amos