<quote who="Annie Lane">

> I've just gotten my hands on a Compaq Proliant DL380 server to be used for
> hosting a home-made web application and was wondering which linux distro
> would best suit in terms of hardware compatibility and server management?
> I'm new to this, so any help/advice/opinions is/are welcome :)

Your best bet is to make some time to experiment with a number of different
distributions, but lean toward whatever your friends and colleagues use, as
you will learn the ins/outs/tips/tricks faster with the social experience.

You're likely to get help for pretty much any distro here on SLUG, but the
majors have the greatest mindshare: Debian, Fedora, OpenSuSE, Ubuntu (and
different 'enterprise' personas of the above, where appropriate).

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia        http://lca2008.linux.org.au/

                          Penguinillas Pack GNUzis