On 14/06/07, Gav <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi all,

Could anyone recommend a low to midrange graphics card for box running
Ubuntu Feisty. Want to run applications like 3d Desktop, 3d chess,
virtualbox etc. Not really for high end games. Present 32mb matrox card
is really struggling.

In similar topic - I'm looking at buying a Dell E520 with their
end-of-financial-year special and wondering whether it's worth the 38$ to
upgrade from Nvidia GeForce 7300LE TurboCache to ATI Radeom X1300 Pro. I'm
mostly concerned about Linux (Debian) compatibility. Is any open-source
driver for any of these can take full advantage of the 3D support or will I
have to use the proprietary drivers?

I expect to do mostly programming/browsing and maybe some movie watching,
maybe try to play with 3D GUI but not much more.

Thanks,

--Amos