On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 12:30 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="James Gregory">
>
> > Can anyone recommend a laptop that is small (11.1 - 13.3 inches),
> > reasonably fast, and can do suspend (both to RAM and disk) easily? Oh, and
> > that I can buy now; old models aren't so interesting to me. Ubuntu is my
> > OS of preference, but if it makes a difference, I'd consider switching to
> > something else.
>
> I'm very happy with the Dell D420, which has been updated to Core 2 Duo with
> the newer Dell D430. Robert Collins has one of these, so he can tell you how
> sweet it is. :-) Mine works really nicely, with Intel top-to-bottom.

Neat. Thanks dude. Looks a little slow though -- 1.2 GHz. Do you find it
so?

> The Dell M1330 is also pretty intriguing -- backlight and SSD storage! It is
> 13", slightly bigger than the D430.

Yeah, that does look interesting, but it seems a bit weird having a
wedge-shaped laptop. Still a contender though.

This little one from Sony:

    http://tinyurl.com/26fu4d

would be a good option if I decide I can deal with the slow-clocked
chip. The battery life claims are pretty amazing. Has anyone used one of
those with Ubuntu?

James.

--
     James Gregory  --  http://codelore.com  --  [EMAIL PROTECTED]