On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 01:46:59PM +1000, James Gregory wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 12:30 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > <quote who="James Gregory">
> >
> > > Can anyone recommend a laptop that is small (11.1 - 13.3 inches),
> > > reasonably fast, and can do suspend (both to RAM and disk) easily? Oh, and
> > > that I can buy now; old models aren't so interesting to me. Ubuntu is my
> > > OS of preference, but if it makes a difference, I'd consider switching to
> > > something else.
>
> > The Dell M1330 is also pretty intriguing -- backlight and SSD storage! It is
> > 13", slightly bigger than the D430.
>
> Yeah, that does look interesting, but it seems a bit weird having a
> wedge-shaped laptop. Still a contender though.

I've got the earlier M1210 and love it. I've got everything working under linux
except the front microphone jack (which seems to need special driver support)
and
the webcam (which I just haven't got to yet).

We've got an M1330 coming in in about a week too, and we'll be putting linux on
it. I'll report back how we go.

Cheers,
Gavin