On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 06:57 +1000, Alex Samad wrote:

> > Cygwin is Unix on the desktop,  I have built production systems in it
>
> How provides the support on the cygwin environment - how have you gone about
> selling the cygwin to the company ?

I just developed a system and implemented it.   I justified it based on
the engine I was driving was both Windows and Unix but we were using the
windows one,  expecting to ramp up to the Unix version later.

cygwin is like Linux I have never had any problems getting things sorted
out, the community is very strong. We have plenty of Unix experts at my
company so I leveraged those skills as well.

--
Ken Foskey
FOSS developer