On 9/23/07, bill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks to Alex,Kevin, Amos, and Tony (hope I haven't missed anybody).
>
> I've solved the problem with the LAN - there was no hardware problem,
> just a problem with the newly created account for my wife. It has no
> network/web access.

That's really not usual, you shouldn't normally need to do anything to get
network access... I think someone mentioned SELinux settings - sounds like
that could be the problem.. I'd suggest checking the output of 'dmesg' and
look in /var/log/syslog for clues

Have read the man pages re creating new users, and have googled